The video is now up of the debate ‘Secular Democracy or Islam Debate: Which One Has Better Solutions for Global Peace?‘
The debate held on November 2016 at the UCD (Dublin, Ireland), featured MDI speaker Abdullah al Andalusi debating renown academic on Democracy, Martin Okolikj, on the topic of whether an Islamic system (Caliphate) or a Secular Democracy, offered better solutions for the problems faced by the world today.
Martin Okolikj is was a lecturer at the University College Dublin, School of Politics and International Relations (SPIRe). He is not only a PhD candidate in Political Science, but the primary focus of his research interests are ‘the fields of Political Methodology and Comparative Politics, with a particular focus on Elections, Voting Behaviour, Quality of Government, Spatial Econometric Models and Time Series Analysis’. A more qualified and relevant speaker on Democracy could not have been wished for!
The full debate can be watched below.
To read Abdullah al Andalusi’s personal review of the debate, click here.
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to email a link to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)